Kurashvili Lyudmila Vasil'evna, Doctor of medical sciences, professor, sub-department of human physiology, Medical Institute, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Tyazhelkova Galina Viktorovna, Laboratory doctor, Municipal polyclinic No. 2 (34 Volodarskogo street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dolgusheva Mariya Valer'evna, Assistant (postgraduate student), sub-department of human physiology, Medical Institute, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Korobovtseva Tat'yana Nikolaevna, Biologist, Medical center of ultrasound (11 Sverdlova street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mikulyak Nadezhda Ivanovna, Doctor of medical sciences, associate professor, head of the sub-department of human physiology, Medical Institute, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Background. We made a research on the role of opportunistic microflora in the mechanisms of development of male and female infertilit. The purpose of the research is to study the health of the women and men reproductive system of childbearing age based on the assessment of vaginal secretions, urethral secretions and seminal fluid.
Materials and methods. The data of the initial examination of the patient and the signing of an informed consent for the study are reflected in the primary documentation (outpatient card). Inclusion criteria for the study: absence of pregnancy in spouses during a year of married life, simultaneous subsampling and examination of smears for flora in women; receiving semen in the sterility room and timely assessment of spermograms, counting and issuing conclusions in men.
Results. The composition of the microflora of vaginal and urethral smears was determined. An increase in infectious non-inflammatory pathology of the genitals of men and women of childbearing age was revealed. In women, Violations of the ratio of normal bacterial microflora, a decrease in facultative lactobacillus and an increase in opportunistic flora were found in women. A decrease in the fertility of seminal fluid was found in men.
Conclusions. “Flora smear”, used to identify vaginal pathology, made it possible to assess the composition of microflora, to count the number of leukocytes, to assess hormonal saturation by the state of the cells of stratified squamous epithelium in a vaginal smear, and also to diagnose some sexually transmitted diseases: gonorrhea, trichomoniasis, candidiasis and chlamydia. Conclusions on spermograms made it possible to establish normal fertility in 17% of the examined men. The predominant opportunistic microflora in vaginal smears are Gardnerella vaginalis and fungi of the genus Сandida albicans.
1. Kurashvili L. V. Issledovanie semennoy zhidkosti i soka predstatel'noy zhelezy [The research of seminal fluid and prostatic fluid]. Penza, 2009, 106 p. [In Russian]
2. Anderson M. R., Klink K., Cohrssen A. JAMA. 2004, vol. 291 (11), pp. 1368–1379.
3. Mitchell H. BMJ. 2004, vol. 328 (7451), pp. 1306–1308.
4. Kishkun A. A. Rukovodstvo po laboratornym metodam diagnostiki [Laboratory diagnostic techniques guidance]. Moscow: GEOTAR- Media, 2007, 800 p. [In Russian]
5. Nazarova E. K., Gimmel'farb E. I., Sozaeva L. G. Klinicheskaya laboratornaya diagnostika [Clinical laboratory diagnostics]. 2003, no. 2, pp. 25–32. [In Russian]
6. Verstraelen H., Swidsinski A. Curr Opin Infect Dis. 2013, vol. 26, pp. 86–89.
7. Gillet E., Meys J. F. A., Verstraelen H. et al. Plos One. 2012, vol. 7, iss. 10, p. e45201.
8. J. Health Sci., Mohammadzadeh F., Dolatian M., Jorjani M., H. Alavi Majd Glob Oct. 2014, vol. 29, iss. 7 (3), pp. 8–14.
9. Dmitriev G. A. Laboratornaya diagnostika bakterial'nykh urogenital'nykh infektsiy [Laboratory diagnostics of bacterial urogenital infections]. Moscow׃ Meditsinskaya kniga; N.izhniy Novgorod׃ Izd-vo NGMD, 2003, 336 p. [In Russian]
10. Vagoras A., Savicheva A. M., Gallen A., Domeyka M. Osnovy mikroskopii mazkov mochepolovogo trakta [Basics of microscopy of urinary tract smears]. Kaunas׃ Izdatel'stvo-studiya «KATA», 2001, 42 p. [In Russian]
11. Savicheva A. M., Sokolovskiy E. V., Domeyka M. Kratkoe rukovodstvo po mikroskopicheskoy diagnostike infektsiy, peredavaemykh polovym putem [A short guidance to microscopic diagnosis of sexually transmitted infections]. Saint-Petersburg: Foliant, 2004, 128 p. [In Russian]
12. Sukhikh G. T., Bozhedomov V. A. Muzhskoe besplodie [Male infertility]. Moscow: EKSMO, 2008, 240 p. [In Russian]
13. Bragina E. E., Abdumalikov R. A. Rukovodstvo po spermatologii [Spermatology guidance]. Moscow: COPEC-poligrafiya, 2002, 111 p. [In Russian]
14. Dohle G. R., Diemer T., Giwercman A., Jungwirth A., Kopa Z., Krausz C. Muzhskoe besplodie [Male infertility]; translation: K. Shiranov; scientific editing: A. S. Hakobyan. European Association of Urologists, 2010, 66 p.
15. Rukovodstvo VOZ po issledovaniyu i obrabotke eyakulyata cheloveka [The WHO guidelines for the research and treatment of human ejaculate]. 5th ed. Moscow: Mediko-geneticheskiy nauchnyy tsentr RAMN, 2012, 291 p. [In Russian]
16. Bhande S., Naz R. K. Mol Reprod Dev. 2007, vol. 74 (3), pp. 332–340.